Sunday, February 15, 2009

Canadian federal government falls victim to Patriot Act Derangement Syndrome

Canada is reclaiming a British Columbia drivers license database from DHS.  Privacy advocates in Canada fear that the data will be misused under the Patriot Act.  Of course all the data is already captured by DHS when Canadians cross the border.  Except, apparently, for those passport-type photos.  And that's what Canada wants to keep out of the US government's hands. 

Listen, I understand.  I've had passport photos I wanted to keep private too.  But it never occurred to me that evil governments might be storing them in order to blackmail me. 

Makes sense; I'm guessing the Canadians have been blackmailing Norm Coleman over his high school yearbook photo for years.  http://www.vetocorleone.com/2009/02/norm-colemans-yearbook-photo-is-your.html



No comments: