Sunday, March 15, 2009

Kindle 2 update

I'm reading The Tourist by Olen Steinhauer on it.  It works, but the Kindle has lost my place twice already.  Which is a particular pain because there aren't page numbers.  You kind of have to guess about where you were on the progress bar, then pick a few numbers at random to see how far they get you down the bar (e.g., "1100" was maybe 25% of the way through The Tourist).  Flipping physical pages to find your place is definitely faster than grinding through the stop-blink-display that e-Ink requires for each page.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Adjusting to Kindle 2 after being an early adopter of Kindle 1 took me about 30 hours but was definitely worth the effort. We are a multi-Kindle household and the 2 is definitely everyone's favorite--not because of the novelty but because of the increased functionality. But I always note my place with a virtual page turn ...